Our customer, operating in the insurance sector, expressed the following needs:
- To centralize and streamline the systems responsible for the administrative management of technical processes.
- To streamline the Data Collection process and govern the flows between technical systems, accounting environment, Data Warehouses and other Reporting systems.
- To increase the Data Quality level.
- To standardize the data model and the transactional functionalities of technical processes, also in a perspective of using a structured Treasury system and in view of the adoption of IFRS17.
- To expand the functional scope of SAP FS-CD (already in use in other management areas), to exploit its potential.
The solution proposed by Qintesi led to managing all the claims-related processes in SAP FS-CD, starting from a model (Baseline Qintesi) which is the result of the experience gained in implementation projects conducted at the main Italian insurance companies. In summary:
- A data model has been defined to standardize the information coming from the different technical conferring systems.
- All the interfaces necessary for the dialogue between the technical systems and SAP FS-CD were designed and implemented.
- The personal data (subjects and objects of claim type) were managed through the management functions of the Business Partners and the Insurance Objects of SAP FS-CD.
- Technical loads were acquired and recorded from claims systems (including pre-calculated lump sums and debit lump sum payments).
- Payment requests were produced and managed through the automatic payment processing and related payment methods of SAP FS-CD.
- Transfers and cancellations were also handled through the standard transfer transactions of SAP FS-CD documents.
- Relevant information for the production of stamped records was returned to the technical system via an integration stream outgoing from SAP FS-CD.
- The Settlement Expenses were managed by acquiring the accounting movements relating to the technical charges through the functionality of SAP FS-CD on the individual professional (Business Partner) and reconciliation, via transitory, in SAP FI, of the technical charges transferred by SAP FSCD and of the parcels registered in SAP FI.
- Reporting was managed using standard SAP FS-CD tools (operational reports) and through the model proposed by Qintesi for management reporting, which is based on the Data Warehouse BW.
Le informazioni contenute in questo documento sono di proprietà.
Copyright © 2014 Qintesi S.p.A. Tutti i diritti riservati.