- To innovate the User Experience and support the Digital Transformation of business processes through the use of SAP FIORI
- To adopt the new SAP S/4 HANA features in order to improve and expand coverage and application flexibility, and meet changing business needs
- To increase the performance and quality of real-time planning & reporting tools thanks to the features of SAP HANA
- To leave the “on premise” infrastructure and adopt the Google Cloud Platform in order to acquire an innovative and enabling platform
The Qintesi Value Proposition has integrated the streams necessary to achieve all the objectives into a single project initiative:
Stream A) Infrastructure migration on Google Cloud Platform
One of the first infrastructures in the world for SAP HANA and SAP S/4HANA on Google Cloud Platform was designed, sized, built and started up in production.
Stream B) “Brownfield” conversion from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA
The methodology and tools used for the conversion from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA are those provided by the SAP best practices: Software Update Manager (SUM) with Database Migration Option (DMO).
Qintesi suggested that the Customer adopt a “one-step approach”, which allowed the simultaneous conversion from SAP ECC to SAP S/4HANA and migration to the Google Cloud Platform infrastructure.
The “brownfield” approach enabled the Customer to:
- Safeguard previous investments in the configuration of the many SAP application components in the Warehouse Management, Procurement, Sales and Distribution, Real Estate, Cash Management, Finance and Controlling sectors;
- Ensure operational continuity thanks to the complete migration of historical data and the adoption of all the necessary precautions to adapt to S/4HANA configurations of existing processes and custom code.
Stream C) Application innovation and digital transformation
After the transition to S/4HANA, the application scenario of each functional area (Finance, Procurement, etc.) has incorporated the “natively” improvements resulting from the adoption of S/4HANA, for instance:
- Simplified and flexible data model;
- New features deriving from the new “always on” applications to replace the obsolete ones;
- Mobile SAP FIORI applications;
- Real Time Reporting.
The adoption of S/4HANA was also the occasion for an application reengineering and a digital transformation of the business processes, enabled by the new features and technologies available, for instance:
- With SAP FIORI and SAP UI5, processes in the field of Material Management and Plant Maintenance were innovated in mobility and digitized;
- With the new integrated Planning functions, the business requirement for “real time” needs planning was satisfied.
Le informazioni contenute in questo documento sono di proprietà.
Copyright © 2014 Qintesi S.p.A. Tutti i diritti riservati.